Dear Friends of the Long Gray Line,
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the West Point Society of the San Francisco Bay Area (WPSSFBA). The Society exists to further camaraderie among graduates and friends of the United States Military Academy and to support our Alma Mater.
We foster friendship among Bay Area graduates, their families, and friends of West Point by, among other things:
- Hosting Founder's Day
- Enjoying our Annual Summer picnic
- Raising a glass at periodic Benny Havens hours
- Cheering on West Point teams that travel to the Bay Area
- Informing members of interesting military events and speakers in the Bay Area
We proudly support West Point through a variety of initiatives, including:
- Over twenty Society members who are devoting time to identifying young men and women for admission to West Point. These members continue to mentor candidates through the entire entrance process and then through their cadet years as well.
- Members of your Society have volunteered their time to interview candidates on behalf of their Congressional representatives. This input into the nominating process serves to identify future cadets with the best possible chance of success at both West Point and as Army officers.
- Members have contributed their leadership and experience to the Oakland Military Institute (OMI), a high school that continues to build a strong foundation of leadership and responsibility for Oakland children.
The Association of Graduates continually names our Society a Distinguished Society because of the foregoing activities and other support for the Academy. I hope all members of the Long Gray Line and eligible friends of West Point in the Bay Area will join the Society and enjoy all it has to offer. I look forward to seeing you soon.
Charles Correll ‘89
President, West Point Society of the San Francisco Bay Area